Alice Keck Park is located in a quiet neighborhood, just north of Santa Barbara’s city center.
It's an easy 0.5 mile drive from downtown Santa Barbara.
This beautifully landscaped park takes up a full city block.
It's a great place to unwind if you want to get away from the crowds at Stearns Wharf or downtown Santa Barbara.
Dogs are allowed if they are on a leash.
5 best things to do at Alice Keck Park
1. Look for ducks, turtles and koi at the beautiful lake.
2. Relax at the gazebo overlooking the lake.
3. Wander along meandering paths through Alice Keck Park.
There are plenty of benches for quiet reflection.
4. Observe 75 different species of trees and plants throughout Alice Keck Park.
Some of these exotic trees include a Canary Island Date Palm, Hong Kong Orchid Tree, and Brazilian Gold Medallion Tree.
5. Cross the road to the Kid’s World playground at Alameda Park.
There’s an amazing fortress with slides, towers and climbing structures.
Know before you go
- Parking: on-street parking near Alice Keck Park.
- Restrooms: near the playground at Alameda Park.
- Nearby attractions: If you enjoy Alice Keck Park, you should also visit the lovely Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens.
- Dogs: on leash.