See the enchanting Oregon Garden Lights near Portland.
The Oregon Garden Lights is an annual holiday event, held at the Oregon Garden near Silverton, late November through December (check tickets & dates).
Silverton is a 1-hour drive south of Portland in the beautiful Willamette Valley.
This fabulous event features gorgeous light displays, festive music, scrumptious foods and handcrafted gifts at a German artisan market. Kids can go ice skating or tubing, and visit friendly Santa in his cottage.
Book a cosy room in the Oregon Garden Resort next door, and explore the beautiful 80-acre Oregon Garden the following day. You can also combine it with a visit to the nearby Silver Falls State Park with a stunning trail of 10 waterfalls, and a nature play area for kids.
10 best things to do at the Oregon Garden Lights
1. See one million twinkling lights along forested trails.
Meander down enchanting trails at the Oregon Garden, resplendent with one million twinkling, holiday lights. The paths at the Oregon Garden Lights are stroller friendly and perfect for little kids. Bundle them up in jackets, hats and blankets, and explore the magical forest.
2. Don't forget to visit Santa in his magical cottage in the woods.
Kids will thrill to the sight of Santa tucked away in his cottage, ready to listen to Christmas wish lists.
3. Take a photo at the stunning illuminated archway.
This dazzling illuminated archway is the most popular place for photos at the Oregon Garden Lights, so don't forget to bring your camera. This is the best place to get a family photo.
4. Admire a giant mushroom, towering above its surroundings at the Oregon Garden Lights.
5. Step inside a present adorned in red and white lights.
6. See eye catching Christmas ornaments against the inky darkness of the forest.
7. Find something new around every corner, like this fun swordfish.
8. Walk through a field of giant flowers.
8. Go snowless tubing and ice-skating.
After you've explored the beautiful trails at the Oregon Garden Lights, you can step inside a heated tent to go ice-skating. There's also an amazing 100-foot long snowless tubing ride!
9. Pick up some treats and gifts at the German artisan market, then warm yourself by the fire.
Find some scrumptious treats at the food booths at the German artisan market, like roasted nuts and spiced cider.
The artisan market resembles a traditional German market, with beautiful handcrafted pieces, perfect for gifts. Why not get a head start on your holiday shopping!
It gets super chilly along the forested trail after nightfall, so warm yourself up beside one of the many firepits at the Oregon Garden Lights.
Stay overnight at the Oregon Garden Resort.
The Oregon Garden Resort is cozy inside, with a charming lobby, and roaring fire in the rustic restaurant. The rooms also have gas fireplaces.
Review this attraction