Plan a trip to the most popular winery in Oregon!
The stunning Willamette Valley Vineyards is 1 hour south of Portland Oregon, near Salem. Check opening hours.
This beautiful winery is housed in a chateau style building at the top of a hill, with glorious views over the famous Willamette Valley.
In 2016 Sunset Magazine named it the "Best Vineyard/Tasting Room" experience on the West Coast of America.
It was founded in 1983 by Oregonian, Jim Bernau. Jim developed an interest in wine making at the tender age of 10, when his father was acting as an attorney for a Californian winemaker trying to obtain an Oregon winery license, and brought home some of his wine samples.
5 best things to do at Willamette Valley Vineyards
1. Order a wine flight and savor the incredible views. Step inside the rustic interior of the tasting room with a cosy firepit and plenty of seating. There's expansive windows to take advantage of the incredible views over the Willamette Valley. Order a wine flight with different food pairings like artisanal cheese, garden salads, risotto, burgers and pizza. There's even a kid's menu! Willamette Valley Vineyards is most famous for its award winning pinot noirs.
2. Climb the 65-foot tower for even better views of the undulating hills of the Willamette Valley. You can also see the highest mountain in the Oregon Coast Range, the 4,097 foot Mary's Peak.
3. Sit outside on the patio in summer. On warmer days the enchanting patio setting is perfect with a glass of wine. Unwind and take in the gorgeous scenery on the expansive, multi-tiered patio.
4. Browse the gift shop. Shop for fun merchandise like books, e-gift cards, wine chillers, and so many other gifts!
5. Stay in one of two luxurious suites with amazing views, just steps from the tasting room. Your overnight stay also includes a winery tour and wine credit. The suites have a master bath with soaking tub, butler kitchen with fridge, and private patio. Book a room.
Fun things to do near the Willamette Valley Vineyards
Visit the Enchanted Forest Theme Park just next door to the Willamette Valley Vineyards, with cool rides in an enchanting forest setting!
The township of Salem is 20-minutes north of the Willamette Valley Vineyards, and has some great attractions like the authentic mill museum at the Willamette Heritage Center. Salem also has two beautiful historic homes to tour - Deepwood Estate and the Bush House. Families with kids will enjoy the fun AC Gilbert Children's Museum at Salem.