Ride down a waterslide inside a 747 airplane, near Portland Oregon.
The amazing Wings and Waves Waterpark is one-hour south of Portland Oregon in McMinnville.
Enjoy ten indoor waterslides, an aqua play area, and a wave pool. The water temperature is set to a comfortable 84 degrees, so this is great place to visit in the dead of winter.
The Wings and Waves Waterpark is in the charming town of McMinnville in the heart of wine country, full of tasting rooms, upscale restaurants, brewpubs and boutique hotels.
Check tickets & hours (460 NE Captain Michael King Smith Way, McMinnville). Parking is free.
10 best things to do at Wings and Waves Waterpark
1. Ride down a waterslide that starts inside a 747 plane. The unique feature of this indoor water park is the 747-aircraft parked atop the building, with the Sonic Boom waterslide starting inside this plane.
2. The Wings and Waves Waterpark also has a 91,000 galloon wave pool flanked by two NASA rockets. A massive movie screen sits above the pool, broadcasting videos from NASA.
3. There's also some other waterslides like the Tail Spin and Nose Dive, with lots of turns, thrills and splash landings.
4. Younger kids can check out the smaller slides, like P-51 Mustang Slide and Messerschmitt BF-109 slides.
5. The Aqua Play area is a popular splashpad area, with a firefighting helicopter suspended from the roof that drops 300 gallons of water from a big bucket! There's also lots of hands-on fun in this area, with water guns to play with, fountains and spouts with shooting water.
6. Take it easy in the Leisure Pool with a vortex of water that propels you around, and a hot tub to warm yourself up in.
7. Rent a private poolside cabana for your family and friends, with a table and seats for six, storage, and food service.
8. Plan a birthday party at the Wings and Waves Waterpark, in the marine room, space history room, or aviation room, with 60 minutes in a party room, food and beverage, and access to the waterpark.
9. Finish up the day with a delicious snacks at the cafe.
10. Stop by the cool aviation museum next door. The Wings and Waves Waterpark is part of a campus that includes the excellent Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum and IMAX Theater. Check out some incredible exhibits like the world famous Spruce Goose flown by Howard Hughes, and one of the best aviation collections in the world.