The San Diego Children's Museum is housed in a modern, light-filled building in downtown.
There are endless opportunities for kids to explore creative, colorful exhibits at the San Diego Children's Museum (otherwise known as The New Children's Museum).
The San Diego Children's Museum is located one block back from the waterfront, at 200 W. Island Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101. Check hours & admission.
It's also within walking distance of the lovely Seaport Village with icecream shops, gifts, and waterfront dining, or a 5 minute drive to the San Diego Waterfront Park with a cool playground and wading pool.
5 best things to do at the San Diego Children's Museum
1. Explore giant food sculptures in Wobbleland, or build sandcastles in the massive Sandbox Gallery.
2. Climb up a treehouse with a labyrinth of ropes, ladders and passageways in The Wonder Sound.
3. Push cars along a fun Desert Derby race car track, that winds along freeways and waterways.
4. Jump up and down on 160 pillow tires and 40 mattresses in the Mattress Room.
5. Hear the pitter patter of rain on the corrugated roof of the Rain House.
5 BEST Attractions at San Diego Children's Museum#1 GUIDE to San Diego Children's Museum
BEST things to do at San Diego Children's Museum
Know before you go
- Hours and admission: Check here.
- Address: 200 W. Island Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101
- Cafe: Yes.