The San Diego Waterfront Park is a beautiful open space, with stunning views of the city skyline and bay.
Looking for a fun and free activity for kids in San Diego?
Then look no further than the fabulous San Diego Waterfront Park. Kids can hang out at the awesome playground and wading pool, while looking out over the sparkling waters of San Diego Bay.
Combine it with a visit to the celebrated San Diego Children's Museum (1-mile drive away), and ice-cream and snacks at the waterfront Seaport Village (also 1-mile away).
Bigger kids might also enjoy a visit to the flotilla of historic ships moored at the Maritime Museum, directly across the road from the San Diego Waterfront Park.
The San Diego Waterfront Park is located at 1600 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101, with metered on street parking.
5 best things to do at San Diego Waterfront Park
1. Spend the afternoon frolicking in the giant wading pool, while cooling off beneath the jet fountains.
2. Take your kids to the modern playground with fun climbing equipment and slides.
3. Relax on the six civic green lawns at the San Diego Waterfront Park, with a snack bar for refreshments.
4. Explore the native garden at the north end of the park.
5. Take a photo beside the colorful Serpent Tree sculpture at the San Diego Waterfront Park, by artist Niki de Saint Phalle.
Know before you go
- San Diego Waterfront Park address: 1600 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101
- Snack bar: yes
- Restrooms: yes
- Parking: metered on-street parking.
Review this attraction