The award winning Maryhill Winery is on the Washington side of the Columbia River, and is a must-see for wine connoisseurs.
This destination winery is located on the Washington side of the Columbia River, two-hours east of Portland. It attracts 75,000 visitors a year, and Wine Press Northwest named it 2015 Winery of the Year.
The Maryhill Winery has a superb location on a bluff overlooking the Columbia River, with expansive views of the Columbia Valley and snowcapped Mt Hood in the distance.
The European style patio is covered in vines, and provides an idyllic setting for sampling wines and small plates. The tasting room and gift shop are adjacent to the patio area, offering additional vantage points for breathtaking views. There's also a bocce court for added entertainment.
Some great accommodation options near the winery include the Celilo Inn at The Dalles, or Skamania Lodge in Stevenson.
Check opening hours for the Maryhill Winery. It's located at 9774 WA-14, Goldendale, WA 98620, next door to the superb Maryhill Museum.
10 best things to do at the Maryhill Winery
1. Enjoy incredible views of the Columbia River from the patio.
2. See snowcapped Mt Hood, that last erupted in 1865 and is an active volcano in the Cascade Range.
3. Look down at the lush lawns of the amphitheater.
4. Get together a group of friends for a wine tasting and small plate menu at Maryhill Winery.
5. Listen to live music on the patio on summer weekends.
6. Step inside the 3,000 square foot tasting room with a handcarved bar from the early 1900s.
7. Attend a performance at the 4,000 seat amphitheater at Maryhill Winery.
Another highlight at Maryhill Winery is the world-class 4,000 seat amphitheater, attracting some famous acts including the Counting Crows and Gipsy Kings. Check the calendar for the Summer Concert Series.
8. Book a tour of Maryhill Winery, that produces 80,000 cases of wine each year.
9. Stroll amongst the vines on the sprawling property at Maryhill Winery.
10. Learn about the Missoula Floods at the end of the last Ice Age, that carved out this ancient landscape.
Best things to do near the Maryhill Winery.
When visiting the Maryhill Winery, drive a short distance to the excellent Maryhill Museum art gallery with a superb location, also overlooking the Columbia River.
Cross the bridge to the Oregon side of the Columbia River, to see the award winning Columbia Gorge Discovery Center with exhibits on the local area. Explore gorgeous waterfalls at the Columbia Gorge, and a famous winery loop near the Hood River township.
Review this attraction