China Beach has stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands.
China Beach SF is located in the exclusive neighborhood of Seacliff, with some of San Francisco's priciest real estate. Many celebrities have called this home, like Sharon Stone and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.
China Beach is just east of the spectacular headland at Land’s End, in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
Unfortunately it's not safe for swimming, due to dangerous riptides and cold water.
10 best things to do at China Beach
1. Find the parking lot above China Beach SF, adjacent to the main entrance.
2. Stop at the memorial near the entrance, dedicated to the Chinese fisherman who camped on the beach during the Gold Rush era.
3. Continue walking down the hill to China Beach, for panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
4. Sink your feet in the sand at China Beach (however you can't swim due to dangerous riptides).
5. Look east towards Baker Beach, the next beach over from China Beach.
6. Check out the unusual black rock formations, lined with sea anemones at their base.
7. Close your eyes and imagine the beach as a campsite for Chinese fisherman during the 1850s Gold Rush, with their boats anchored in the cove.
8. Savor beautiful views from the rooftop of the recreation building.
9. Enjoy a picnic in the grassed area with plenty of tables and BBQ grills.
10. Find things to do near China Beach:
- Cliff House - restaurant with stunning ocean views.
- Sutro Baths - ruins.
- Lands End Lookout - visitor center and cafe.
- Lands End Trail - coastal walking trail
- Legion of Honor - art gallery.
- Baker Beach
Know before you go
- Address: 340 Sea Cliff Ave, San Francisco, 94121.
- Restrooms: Yes.
- Picnic tables and grills: Yes.
Review this attraction