Lands End Lookout is a visitor center in the rugged, northwest coastline of San Francisco.
It sits on a spectacular, windswept headland at the Bay’s entrance, and has a wall of windows overlooking the Sutro Bath ruins and Pacific Ocean.
Explore exhibits on the natural and historic points of interest at Lands End, and stop by the cafe and gift shop inside.
Request a map at the Lands End Lookout, and explore the many clifftop trails that start here, to the Sutro Baths, Cliff House, and Legion of Honor.
10 best things to do at Lands End Lookout
1. Peer out at the ocean views from the spectacular wall of windows.
The stunning Lands End Lookout building was constructed in 2012 to maximize the gorgeous ocean views, and was built low into the landscape to integrate with its surroundings.
2. Step outside to the viewing platform overlooking Sutro Baths.
3. Walk down to the Sutro Baths ruins, where a giant, glass Victorian bathhouse once stood.
Learn more about the fascinating Sutro Baths.
4. Continue past the Sutro Baths up the long stairway to Point Lobos Viewpoint.
5. Go inside the Lands End Lookout to explore exhibits on the cultural and natural history of this area.
The Lands End Lookout is located at rugged Lands End, the most dramatic landscape in the westernmost tip of San Francisco.
6. Learn about the fascinating geology that shaped this rugged area.
Lands End is the westernmost tip of San Francisco, and the San Andreas fault is just 2 miles off-shore.
7. Make a purchase at the gift shop or cafe, including books, prints, gourmet food items and more.
8. Request a map, and explore the trails that start outside the Lands End Lookout.
9. Look closely at the beautiful wildflowers on the slopes around the Lookout, like Lupines and California Poppys.
10. Walk five minutes to the historic Cliff House, visible from the Lands End Lookout.
Learn more about the Cliff House .
Know before you go
- Address: 680 Point Lobos Ave, San Francisco, CA 94121.
- Restrooms: yes.
- Parking: Lands End Parking Lot (600 Point Lobos Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94121).
- Visitor Center & Gift Shop: yes
- Cafe: yes.
Explore other things to do near the Lands End Lookout