Play at a San Francisco-themed indoor mini golf course, at Ghirardelli Square.
Ghirardelli Square is a popular place to visit, with restaurants and shops housed inside an old chocolate factory near San Francisco's waterfront.
There's also some serious fun to be had at the 18-hole Subpar Miniature Golf, on the lower level of Ghirardelli Square.
Purchase a beer or wine, then make your way around the 18-hole golf course, lined with obstacles from different San Francisco landmarks like the Painted Ladies, Crooked Street, Palace of Fine Arts, and Golden Gate Bridge. The craftsmanship is absolutely superb! There's even cup holders to set down your drink, while aiming for a hole in one.
When you're done, step outside on the patio and enjoy the panoramic bay views. There's also an arcade next door, with air-hockey, skeeball, and arcade games.
5 best things at Subpar mini golf at Ghirardelli Square
1. Shoot a ball past San Francisco's famous Painted Ladies!
2. Navigate eight hairpin turns down Lombard Street.
3. Get a hole in one at the beautiful Ghirardelli Building.
4. Hit a ball near the Palace of Fine Arts.
5. Play at the arcade next door, also part of the same complex.
Know before you go
- Address: Ghirardelli Square.
- Hours & admission: here.