The Hollywood Walk of Fame is one of L.A.'s most popular tourist attractions, so expect big crowds.
The Walk of Fame is free to visit, and runs fifteen blocks along Hollywood Boulevard (between N La Brea Avenue and N Gower Street).
This bustling street is also home to restaurants and shops, vintage movie palaces, fun museums, and celebrity impersonators with uncanny resemblances.
Don't forget to stop by the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Boulevard, where the Academy Awards are held each year!
10 best things to do on Hollywood Walk of Fame
1. Find a celebrity star along the Walk of Fame.
Expect to see up to 2,700 celebrity stars along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The L.A. Times has put together a useful resource to check if your favorite celebrity has a star, and where it's located.
The idea of placing names on a sidewalk came from the President of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, E. M. Stuart in the 1950s. The first eight names were unveiled on August 15, 1958 with pink terrazzo stars inlaid with bronze, and the Walk of Fame was then completed in 1960.
An average of two stars are added every month, with public star ceremonies that are streamed live (check upcoming ceremonies).
2. Take a photo with your favorite celebrity impersonators and action heroes!
Check out Michael Jackson doing the MoonWalk on Hollywood Boulevard. He's very happy to pose for photos!
Say hello to Spiderman!
Or take a photo with Robert Downey Junior (Iron Man) and Jackie Chan!
3. Enjoy great food and shops at the popular Hollywood Highland Center (6801 Hollywood Boulevard).
4. See the Hollywood Sign from the top of the stairs at the Hollywood Highland Center.
5. Book a tour of a stunning 1920s movie palace.
6. See where the Academy Awards are held on a Dolby Theater tour, and pose like a celebrity on the stairs.
7. Watch an IMAX movie at the TCL Chinese Theater (movie times).
9. View independent movies at the gorgeous Egyptian Theater (movie times).
10. Visit fun museums along the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
There are so many museums, including Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, The Hollywood Museum, Hollywood Max Museum, Guinness World Records Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not, and Museum of Illusions.
This is Delorean from the 1985 hit "Back to the Future", just outside Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.
Know before you go
- Location: Hollywood Boulevard for 1.3 miles, bookended by N La Brea Avenue and N Gower Street.
- Parking: Parking is difficult in this area, so it's recommended you find alternative transport.
- How do I find a celebrity's star?: The LA Times has put together a useful resource to check if a celebrity has a star on the Walk of Fame, and where it is. Click here.