Universal Studios Hollywood is the top attraction in LA. This theme park gets over 11 million visitors each year.
Experience incredible special effects, stunts and thrilling rides in a fully immersive experience at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Your favorite movies come to life here, like Harry Potter, Jurassic World, the Transformers, and Jaws.
See a stunt show, do the famous studio tour by tram, or enjoy a motion simulated movie theater. There's so many cool rides, like Jurassic World, Harry Potter, and the Transformers. Little kids will also love the special play area with water play features and a playground.
Universal Studios Hollywood is located at 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608. Check tickets here.
5 best things to do at Universal Studios
Universal Studios Hollywood: 5 BEST Things to Do
1. Enjoy thrilling rides at Universal Studios Hollywood
- The Jurassic World The Ride is a boat ride along a jungle stream in Predator Cove where you can see dinosaurs in the wild, and pass through a dark cave to see the Tyrannosaurus Rex kingdom.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey has gigantic falling spiders, dragons and dementors lunging at you. (Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
- Flight of the Hippogriff is a family friendly rollercoaster that passes Hagrid's Hut and the magical Hippogriff. (Wizarding World of Harry Potter).
- Transformers Ride is a tram ride through an action-packed cityscape where Transformers come to life, and you can watch decepticons fighting the autobots.
- Revenge of the Mummy Ride is a high speed rollercoaster with dramatic climbing and dropping, reaching speeds of 45 MPH. Pharaohs, evil spirits and skeletons are illuminated with blinking lights, and at times the ride plunges into darkness.
- The Simpsons Ride is a virtual reality rollercoaster ride through Krustyland.
2. Check out cool shows (20-25 minutes)
- Waterworld has jumping jet skiers, spectacular explosions, and a fiery plane crash (20 minutes).
- Special Effects Show has real Hollywood stunt actors performing special effects (25 minutes).
- Universal's Animal Actors has pets performing tricks with their trainers (20 minutes).
3. Do a fun tram tour of Universal Studios Hollywood (60 minutes)
Board the 60 minute tram tour to see famous film sets and incredible special effects.
Get up-close as the Jaws shark swims towards you, put on your 3D glasses and see King Kong tackling dinosaurs, and view a 747 plane crash from War of the Worlds.
Experience a sudden flash flood at a village, be shaken by an earthquake in a flooding subway, and watch as an oil tanker careens towards you as the subway's roof is on fire.
The tour ends with a dramatic scene from Fast and the Furious that puts you in the middle of a car chase with gunfire and explosions.
4. See movie theaters with motion simulation
- Dreamworks Theater has Kung Fu Panda.
- Despicable Me. Minion Mayhem has a dance party after the movie.
5. Discover the thrilling walk-through attractions
- AMCs the Walking Dead is a walk through an eerie, blood-stained hospital and prison with strobe lighting, where you can see terrifying creatures from the dead.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Pottery has two rides, a restaurant, and the Hogwarts castle to explore.
Know before you go
- Address: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608.
- Tickets: check here.
- Hours: check here.
- Parking fees: check here.
- Metro Train Line: Take the Red Line to the Universal City Metro Station.
- Free Shuttle: A shuttle travels a few minutes between the Universal City Metro Station and Universal City. Check shuttle hours.
- Restaurants at Universal Studios: check here. The CityWalk mall is next door to Universal Studios and has an abundance of shops, restaurants and cinemas. Theres a shuttle between the two.
- Outdoor play area for little kids: Super Silly Fun Land is an outdoor play area with the Minion theme. It has water play features, a playground, arcade games, and kids' rides.