The LA Zoo has a relaxed, garden setting in the northeast corner of Griffith Park.
The 133-acre LA Zoo was established in 1966, and has 270 different species of animals.
It's located at 5333 Zoo Drive in Griffith Park. Check hours & admission.
5 best things to do at the LA Zoo
1. Take the Safari Shuttle that circles the LA Zoo, and get on and off at six different stops.
2. Discover cool animals at the LA Zoo, like harbor seals, alligators, cambodian elephants, american black bears, gorillas, giraffes, zebras and crocodiles. See wombats, koalas and emus at Australia House, home to native Australian fauna.
3. Get up close to farm animals like goats and sheep at the Winnick Family Childrens Zoo. Another great attraction for kids is the Neil Papiano Play Park, a fun playground with a scary crocodile sculpture for kids to climb on.
4. Participate in an animal feeding. Book a ticket to participate in a giraffe or flamingo feeding session.
5. Watch a free animal show. The World of Birds Theater has 20 different bird species performing in a show, including vultures, hawks, condors and eagles. There are also daily keeper talks and elephant care demonstrations. Check the calendar for times.
LA Zoo: 5 BEST Things to Do
Know before you go