Hike 1.2 miles to Twin Falls at Olallie State Park near Seattle.
One of Seattle's most popular waterfall hikes is the trail to beautiful Twin Falls.
It's located in the Cascade Mountains in Olallie State Park, just a 45-minute drive east of Seattle.
A 1.2 mile trail takes visitors from the Twin Falls Trailhead to the Twin Falls Bridge, following the spectacular Snoqualmie River along the way.
The trail is well maintained, and considered moderately difficult due to some stairs and uphill ascents. It can get extremely busy during Spring and Summer, so it's recommended you arrive early at Olallie State Park, so you can find a park.
A Discover Pass is required to visit all WA State Parks, including Olallie State Park.
5 best things along the trail to Twin Falls at Olallie State Park
1. Go to the parking area near the Twin Falls Trailhead at Olallie State Park.
The Twin Falls Trailhead is near 47600 SE 159th Street, North Bend, WA 98045, roughly 45 minutes east of Seattle downtown. The parking lot at the trailhead gets very busy in warmer months, so arrive early.
There are restrooms and a useful map at the Twin Falls trailhead.
2. Follow the Snoqualmie River through lush forest, for the first 0.5 miles of the hike.
3. The trail then gains elevation as it climbs to the Bench Overlook (at 0.7 miles), providing a bird's eye view of the Snoqualmie River Valley at Olallie State Park.
4. A short distance beyond the Bench Overlook, there's a fork in the trail. The right fork leads to the Lower Falls Viewpoint (1.1 miles), providing superb views of the 135-foot, fan shaped Twin Falls.
5. The left fork in the trail continues to the Twin Falls Bridge (1.2 miles), with a glimpse of a smaller set of cascades rushing from a narrow gorge. There isn't much to see beyond the bridge.
Know before you go
- Twin Falls Trailhead address: The Twin Falls Trailhead is near 47600 SE 159th Street, North Bend, WA 98045.
- Parking: The parking lot at the trailhead gets very busy in warmer months, therefore arrive early.
- Restroom: There is a restroom at the trailhead.
- Discover Pass: A Discover Pass is required to visit all WA State Parks.
Fun things to do near Twins Falls at Olallie State Park
After visiting Twin Falls, drive to Twede's Café at North Bend for breakfast, lunch or some famous cherry pie. Twede's Café was featured in the 90's TV series Twin Peaks.